Most of us get addicted to reading blogs before we get one of our own. I wandered into the food blog world one fine day looking for some variety in my daily cooking. Nothing fancy, just everyday cooking that would show new ways with the same old ingredients.
Here are a few that have been added to our list of family favourites, and have been cooked more than once in my kitchen. Tried and tested…
- Get your morning off to a good start with these scrumptious Pumpkin Cheddar Muffins from Manisha – (Indian Food Rocks)
- Pel’s (Elaichi et Cetera) scintillating Thai soup Kaeng Thom Yam, and Nam Prik Pao, the secret paste behind it.
- Bee and Jai’s (Jugalbandi) Kootu podi (spice mix for vegetables cooked with dal) from Southern India.
- Bhinda ni Kadhi – Gujarati okra kadhi (Spice Cafe).
- Bisi bele hulianna, a rice dish that was the essence of Karnataka cuisine to me (still is!) from Saakshi (Healthy Home Cooking), a serving of which can give you upwards of 20 varieties of food in one dish (including spices, of course)!
Check them out, if you haven’t already! Happy eating, and repeating! :D