Image Credit: The Victorian Hub
I think a Tea Party is a fabulous idea (thank you, Aparna) - what could be a better way to celebrate another year, the fourth, of A Mad Tea Party! The posts may not have been frequent this year but the blog managed good press. It made it to the top five Indian food blogs on Good Housekeeping magazine (okay, that’s not such a big deal, but it is still good press ), and starred in an interesting documentary, Feasting, Fasting, on NDTV24x7.
Around here we really don’t need an excuse to throw a party. But, an idea, a theme is fun. In fact, that is how the Party started; we got talking on healthy eating and before you could say ‘no-fat’, we were frying! A Party is not about making yourself ill, but it is about indulging yourself occasionally, giving yourself the break you surely deserve. Since the theme this year has veered towards Freedom and the Responsibilities that come with it, we are all free to bring whatever we like to the Party! Roll, fold, steam, boil, fry, or bake; sandwiches or scones, treacle or tarts, teacakes or coffeecakes, shortcakes or cupcakes (or muffins!), biscuits or cookies, samosas or pakoras, dhokla or muthiya, masala peanuts or chanajor garam – your choice! Get a few friends together, if you can, and have yourself a real Tea Party. Cook as much or as little as you like. Yes, it does have to be a Tea Party, the madder the better! No Breakfast, Brunch, or Dinner recipes; I am hosting a Tea Party!
The rules are simple:
- Have yourself a Tea Party sometime in the next 3 weeks (Deadline: September 10), write a post about it (exclusively for this event), as always, with or without a recipe , telling us about the fun you had (how maddening it got, if you invited your mad friends), maybe, include a picture of the family/friends enjoying the tea-time.
- Too hot to cook? Go out and have some tea at your favourite cafe/tea-shop! The portions will be right, and you don’t have to do ‘nothing’! Write a post about it, and how you really enjoyed it!
- Link to this Independence Day post .
- Leave a comment here which will lead us to your post! You may, if your service allows, use a Pingback and it will automatically show up in the comments here.
- Don’t have a blog? You can still join the party; just leave a comment here about how you enjoyed your tea party! Feel free to provide links to any pictures you may have posted on a photo-sharing site such as Flickr or Photobucket or Facebook.
Most of all, have fun at your partay!